The two-day, interactive SAFe® DevOps course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business.
At a glance
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Attendees will leave with the knowledge they need to support and enable a successful DevOps initiative at scale. The course also prepares attendees for the SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience. Attendees are however expected to have some practical experience in Agile.
We design this course interactively in a pleasant and open learning environment. Trust and participation are particularly important to us. In exercises, the learned is experienced interactively; terms, rules and procedures are thereby consolidated.
You will receive valuable input and tips for your work as well as for the effective introduction and implementation in practice from our trainers with practical experience.
improuv is Gold Partner with Scaled Agile Inc.
Duration: 2 days
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action: your DevOps transformation roadmap
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP). Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Development, Engineering, QA, Infrastructure, and Operations Managers
IT and Business change agents, leaders, and executives
Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other Agile Team members
All members of an Agile Release Train and/or value stream
Infrastructure and Operations engineers and practitioners
Configuration Managers, Release Managers, and Change Management professionals
Architects, Database Administrators, and Information Security professionals
Product Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Owners, Release Train Engineers, and UI/UX Developers
SEUs and PDUs