Training Course Objectives
Attendees will leave with the knowledge they need to support and enable a successful DevOps initiative at scale. The course also prepares attendees for the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
This course is intended for technical as well as non-technical roles. The training does not require any prior background in DevOps or SAFe. SAFe is only a small part of the training content and learnings can be applied regardless of whether you plan to adopt SAFe or not.
This course is for
Managers, Executives and Portfolio Manager
Product Owner/Manager, Scrum Master
QA, Infrastructure- and Sales engineers
Change Agents, Agile Coaches
Face to Face (Duration: 2 days)
Remote (Duration: 3 days)
both versions available as Inhouse
Overview of Topics
Grasping the Value Stream from concept to sales
Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
Identification of bottlenecks
Creation of a practical plan for implementing DevOps
Knowledge and skills for a successful DevOps-initiative in a greater scale
Our next events
Face to face Training: 2 days 9 am till 5 pm
Remote Training: 3 days 9 am till 2:30 pm
|Introducing DevOps||Building quality with Continuous Integration|
|Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline||Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment|
Gaining Alignment with Continuous Exploration
|Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand|
|Taking action: your DevOps transformation roadmap|
Remote Trainings procedure
We´re using top of the line tools to give you a precious learning experience during our Remote Trainings.
- Virtual training room:
We provide you with a video-/audio-“room”. There we can present and discuss collective content (slides, videos, realtime-visualisation (e.g. virtual flipcharts).
- Group Breakout Rooms:
Splitting into virtual teams (just like dividing into smaller groups face-to-face). Every team collaborates in their own digital room. During breakout sessions your trainer is supporting every group individually – just like an on-site training. After working in the arranged time slot the smaller teams return to the big main session.
- Virtual Whiteboards:
Visualisation is playing a major part in our face to face trainings – of course this goes for our online trainings, too.By using special tools we´re sharing course materials and enable a collective learning experience.
- Technical Preparation:
We want you to have a great experience. That´s why there´s a onboarding for all our tools before the actual training.
- Technical platforms:
Hygiene concept for on-site trainings
- Except for sitting in your place: Please use your mouth-nose-protection. The usual hygiene measures (e.g. washing your hands often, sneeze into your arm pit, etc.) apply to our trainings, too.
- Please abide by the minimum distance of 1,50m to other training participants during the whole training and breaks. We prepared our tables and flipcharts to make this easier for you.
- Please stay away from the training if you show symptoms that might indicate an infection with COVID-19. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we change your booking to another future date.
- Don´t forget to follow the rules of the hotel or coworking space in which the training takes place.
- Please contact us immediatly in case you get tested positively for COVID-19 14 days after the training. We´ll get in touch with all participants and trainers – anonymously of course.
Another recommondation: You are doing yourself and alle other participants a great favor if you install the Corona Warning App on your mobile device.
What we´re careful of, too:
- We lowered the maximum number of participants to ensure the minimum distances. That´s how we can ensure at least 4-5m^2 of space for every participant and a distance of 3 metres between you and the trainers/participants.
- There will be no exercies in which wennot guarantee the minimum distances.
- We´ll ensure regular airflow and disinfect tables and door handles at least once a day.
- In order to be able to inform all participants in a worst case scenario, we save participants data for at least four weeks after the training date.
- And of course: We can´t welcome you with a handshake but we´ll make up for it with an even brighter smile. ; )
For trainings in our office, Giesinger Bahnhofplatz 9
Please absolutely use your mouth-nose-protection in the whole building and lift! Several of our neighbours help terminally ill people. Safety has to go first here – in every scenario!
All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience. Attendees are however expected to have some practical experience in Agile.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP). Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
SEUs and PDUs
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance. Attendees may also be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Tel. +49 89 500 352 10