In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance. Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
At a glance
The Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) course provides a three-day, intensive workshop for senior leaders and other key stakeholders to learn how to align strategy with execution to create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed. You’ll gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the LPM functions of strategy and investment funding, Agile portfolio operations, and Lean governance. And when everyone involved in developing solutions is aligned with the strategy and the future of the business, all people within the portfolio can effectively execute as one, unified team to create extraordinary business outcomes.
What are the main contents of the course?
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
How can you prepare?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
We design this course interactively in a pleasant and open learning environment. Trust and participation are particularly important to us. In exercises, the learned is experienced interactively; terms, rules and procedures are thereby consolidated. The participants are instructed to develop contents independently and to answer arising questions more and more by themselves.
You will receive valuable input and tips for your work as well as for the effective introduction and implementation in practice from our trainers with practical experience.
Introducing Lean Portfolio Management
Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
Applying Lean Governance
Implementing the LMP Function
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function. Examples include:
- Executives and leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Portfolio Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owner